Here are all GK Questions asked in 2018 IIFT GK Exam. Generally this GK would be considered tough.
Total Question: 18
Good attempts: 4-6 Questions
Sectional Cutoff: 0.25-0.50
As Everything is relative,Students who solved 5+ questions right, would have upper hand from others.
The level of GK shows that You cant excel in GK if you read it overnight or If you read it for a week only. It requires constant attention for months. Reading daily newspaper and following a good course is necessary to excel in GK.
Many GKmojo students found IIFT GK easy to moderate, lets know how:-
Q97. Which of the following is NOT an activity generally carried out using a shell company?
- Production and Manufacturing
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax Evasion
- Raising funds for starting business
Answer: Option A, A shell corporation is a company or corporation that exists only on paper and has no office and no employees, but may have a bank account or may hold passive investments or be the registered owner of assets, such as intellectual property, or ships. Production and manufacturing is a core part of operations of a company. It is not carried out a shell company.
Q98. Match the Trophies and Cup associated with each Sport:
- Badminton a. Durand Cup
- Hockey b. Bama Belleek Cup
- Table Tennis c. Rangaswamy Cup
- Football d. BWF World Championships
Answer: Option A
Football – Durand Cup
Hockey – Rangaswamy Cup
Badminton – BWF World Championship
Table Tennis – Bama Belleck Cup
This Questions were from GKmojo Notes. In grp itself we posted about Durand cup, BWF World Championships.
Q99. Match the Biographies/Autobiographies of India’S sport players:
- The World Beneath His Feat a. Milkha Singh
- Imperfect b. Mary Kom
- The Race of My Life c. Sanjay Munjrekar
- Unbreakable d. Pullela Gopiehand
Answer: Option A, This Question was from GKmojo Notes.
Imperfect-Sanjay Mangerakar (GKmojo January File)
The race of my life: Milkha Singh and Unbreakable: Mary Kom.
Q100. Correctly match the following terms?
- Isobront a. Joins points with the same light intensity
- Isocheim b. Joins points with the same wind direction
- Isogon c. Joins points with the same mean temperature in winter
- Isophote d. Joins points of a given phase of a thunderstorm activity
Answer: Option A
Q101. Which of the following Telecom operator launched the app based internet calling service “WINGS” in India?
Answer: Option A, Easy Question, From GKmojo Notes, Updates and August file
Q102. Which of the following agreement is NOT related to the World Trade Organization (WTO)?
- Agreement on Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights
- General Agreement on Trade In Services
- Multilateral Agreement on Transport and Logistics
- Agreement on Agriculture
Answer: Option C
Q103. IIFT has been entrusted with the responsibility of setting up of India-Africa Institute of Foreign Trade as a Centre of Excellence in the area of International Business and Trade with Pan-Africa reach. This effort of Government of India will come under which of the following types of Diplomacy?
- Track – III Diplomacy
- Track – II Diplomacy
- Track – V Diplomacy
- Track – VII Diplomacy
Answer: Option C, Tough Question
Q104. Why are the Indirect Taxes termed as ‘Regressive Taxing Mechanisms’?
- Indirect taxes are charged uniformly to all income groups.
- Indirect tax with different tax rates are charged differently to different people.
- Indirect taxes have progressive tax schedule, meaning high income group may pay more taxes.
- None of the above.
Answer: Option A, From GKmojo MCQs, Check LOT 1 Economy MCQ File, also we had a quiz session in which we asked about regressive tax system.
Q105. Which of the following is the most exported agricultural commodity from India in terms of value?
Answer: Option B
Q106. Which of the following is a correct sequence of Sea ports of India from ‘South to North’?
Answer: Option C
Q107. Which of the following country is not a member of BIMSTEC?
Answer: Option A, Easy Question, from GKmojo updates, short notes and GKmojo July file
Q108. Which of the following industry is not covered in the ‘Index of Eight Core Industries’ in India?
- Crude Oil
- Natural Gas
Answer: Option D, Easy Question, From GKmojo Notes on economy of India, Check whatsapp notes file.
Q109. Given below are the logos of various global firms. On the basis of their logo, select the correct functional area they operate in.
- Airlines, Automobiles, Banking, Petroleum
- Banking, Airlines, Automobiles, Petroleum
- Airlines, Petroleum, Automobiles, Banking
- Banking, Airlines, Petroleum, Automobiles
Answer: Option B, Tough, Logos are of Barclays (Banking), Qatar (Airlines), Mustang (Automobile), Rosneft (Oil)
Q110. To strengthen its maritime network and enhance trade and economic ties. Government of India has decided to invest in a port in Indonesia. The name of this port is
Answer: Option A, Easy Question, From GKMOJO July Qs file
Q111. Which of the following statement about American Businessman Elon Musk is not correct?
- His full name is Elon Reeve Musk
- He is Argentina-born American entrepreneur and businessman
- He founded www.X.com in 1999 (which later became Paypal), SpaceX in 2002 and Tesla Motors in 2003
- He is instrumental in leading the design and manufacture of electric Sedan and SUV cars.
Answer: Option B, Tough Question
Q112. Rand is the currency of which of the following country?
- South Africa
Answer: Option D, Easy Questions, from GKmojo MCQs, Currency and capital Notes
Q113. Bharat Desai and Neerja Sethi, the Indian-American couple has made USD 2 Billion jackpot selling their company to French IT major, ATOS. Name the company they sold?
Answer: A, Covered it in group updates.
Q114. Which of the following company has designed the humanoid ‘Sophia’?
- Hansen Robotics Ltd.
- Hanson Robotics Ltd.
- Hansan Robotics Ltd.
- Hemsen Robotics Ltd.
Answer: B, Tough Question as Options are also close.