The Grand Slam tournaments, also called majors, are the four most important annual tennis events.
The Grand Slam itinerary consists of the
- Australian Open in mid January,
- French Open in May and June,
- Wimbledon in July, and
- US Open in August and September.
- The Australian and United States tournaments are played on hard courts, the French on clay, and Wimbledon on grass.
- Wimbledon is the oldest, founded in 1877, followed the US in 1881, the French in 1891, and the Australian in 1905.
Here are the winners list of 2021 grand slams:-
a) Australian Open 2021 winners
Mens’s Singles: Novak Djokovic Defeats Daniil Medvedev to Win 2021 Australian Open Men’s Singles Final.
Women’s Singles: Naomi Osaka defeated Jennifer Brady in the final, 6–4, 6–3 to win the Women’s Singles tennis title at the 2021 Australian Open.
b) French Open 2021 Winners
Mens’s Singles: Djokovic wins 19th Grand Slam title, beats Tsitsipas to clinch 2nd Roland Garros title.
Women’s Singles: Barbora Krejčíková won the Women’s Singles tennis title at the 2021 French Open, defeating Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
c) Wimbledon 2021 winners
d) US Open 2020 Winners
Mens’s Singles: Dominic Thiem won his first Grand Slam, defeating Alexander Zverev in the final.
Women’s Singles: Naomi Osaka defeated Victoria Azarenka in the final.